A testimony to the architectural extravagance of the Pallava Dynasty, Mamallapuram ideally sets a picturesque backdrop with its vast spread beach. Also referred to as the "Land of the seven Pagodas", the region carries with it a rich history. It was a port city of the South Indian dynasty during the reign of the Pallavas.
The region is embraced by the Shore Temple, stone carvings and rathas(chariots) with a group of monuments that prides in being classified as a UNESCO heritage site.
UNLOCK MAMALLAPURAM WITH US
RESORTS & LUXURY HOTELS IN MAMALLAPURAM
Please select at least 2 hotels to compare
WelcomHotel Kences Palm Beach Mamallapuram
experiences from Rs. 5,999 onwards
No 53, Devaneri Village ,East Coast Road, Mamallapuram, Kanchipuram Tel : +91 44 27442764 Fax : +91 44 27443313 Email : email@example.com
• Situated on the East Coast Road (ECR), the best time to visit Mamallapuram and enjoy its attractions is from November to February. During daytime, the cool breeze from the sea provides respite from the otherwise warm weather. So, come and explore Mamallapuram at its best, amidst the cool and pleasurable weather.
• Take complete information about the places / restaurants that you would be visiting - to taste the traditional cuisines served in the restaurants
• Respect the local culture and try to be polite to the residents.
• Search for the government offices and other agencies for any help.
• Do visit the famous monuments, museums, beaches, parks and other historical structures which are located in the region.
• Don't forget to carry all your personal identity proofs and passport-sized photographs.
• Always consult a reliable travel agency which will provide you with a proper guide and help you conduct your tour with less hassle.
• Always make a note of emergency numbers, the STD code is 044.
• Mamallapuram provides all the facilities to the tourists, to take them around the city, including numerous Cab companies offering rental cars with chauffeurs.
• Be familiar with the language spoken so that you avoid any sort of hustle-bustle while roaming in the city. People here converse in Tamil, Hindi and English.
• The currency accepted is the Indian rupee (INR) therefore, make sure that you carry Indian rupee with you else the airport is home to a 24-hour money change office.