THE FACULTY & TRAINING METHODOLOGY
To create the leaders of tommorow, ITC HMI has a faculty par excellence. They are hotel professionals with a proven track record and an incisive understanding of what it takes to be the best in the world.
This team ensures knowledge and skill enhancement in hotel disciplines such as Front Office, Food & Beverage, Food Production, Housekeeping, Materials Management, Quality Management, etc.
Senior Managers from the Corporate Headquarters and units of the are regularly invited to deliver lectures and aid in the task of developing the Management Trainees.
ITC HMI has actively partnered with top Business Schools and Universities to provide its trainees a comprehensive understanding of the world around them. The subjects covered include Economics, Organizational Behaviour, Tourism Studies, Marketing, HRD, Foreign language, Indian & World History, Applied Science, Communication and Multicultural Organisation.
At ITC HMI, the Best of Hospitality and the world come together to create the Future Leaders of Hospitality.
Learning at ITC HMI
ITC HMI endeavors to bring about all round development of its trainees and young managers in terms of:
- Overall personality development
- Hoteliering knowledge and skills of the highest standards
- General Knowledge of World Affairs, Economics and Business Management
- ITC HMI is the only institute in the World to impart Six Sigma education as part of its regular course curriculum. Through this, the trainees' learn to solve problems logically and in a structured manner
- Structured inputs in General Management are also ensured in the areas:
- Human Resource Development
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Financial Management
The trainees are taken through a graded path of development. Training sessions are conducted in the classroom and off-site as well. Business games, simulations, team building exercises and live case studies are used to develop problem solving skills and their personality. Individual and group counseling is provided to impart holistic management education. The sessions are a blend of lectures, workshops, factory visits, exposure to hotels, self-study assignments, market surveys, outbound exploration, team building exercises, case studies, role-plays, group discussions and practical lab sessions.
Personality development and physical fitness also form important parts of the curriculum.